Don’t hold it back and don’t put your hand over your mouth!
Once you practice TRE regularly you will release your jaw muscle (strongest in your body) and you will be able to bring back your YAWN. or you can just fake it till you make it. YAWN YAWN YAWN.
It’s not disrespectful to yawn and important not to stifle it with your hand.
Why? Because it is regulating your nervous system. When you wake in the morning it upregulates your nervous system. It is releasing the connective tissue in your face and jaw and brings up the energy for the day. At the end of the day, it is telling you that your energy is lowering ready for sleep and to listen to this and keep downregulating your nervous system ready to for a healing night’s sleep. It releases any tension from the day ready for a restful relaxing dream night.
And the other benefits are:
- Increases your focus and concentration
- Optimises metabolism – so when feeling sluggish yawn as reset for burning fat,
- Improves cognition and helps with your memory
Improves empathy and compassion with someone else
- Lowers stress hormone cortisol
Improves size of grey matter in your brain
- Fine tunes your timing
- Increases your social awareness – what people need
- Increases pleasure and sensuality
And the reason we yawn when someone else does is our body wants some of those amazing benefits. We are coregulating to their balanced state of being. Start yawning and see.