About TRE® Scotland
TRE® Scotland is here to support the spread of the revolutionary new self-healing practice – Trauma and Tension Release Exercises -TRE®- throughout Scotland.
TRE® is a physical self-help practice that will support anybody who is stressed, has physical tension and help those with symptoms resulting from trauma feel better. TRE® helps people deal with the overwhelm of trauma or stress naturally.
Anyone can benefit from learning TRE®. Whether you have suffered from hard trauma, like a car accident, from years of soft trauma like emotional or mental abuse, or are simply looking for a way to rebalance from the normal stresses of everyday life – you can learn TRE® to enable release from stress and tension held in the body and mind.
You can have one session of TRE® or a number of sessions to ensure you can safely and easily practice at home on your own. We also offer TRE® with Wellbeing Coaching, or with Yoga, or with Psychotherapy.
What Makes TRE® unique?
- The therapeutic muscle tremors evoked by the TRE® exercise process is a natural, internal, neuro-physiological response of the body to reduce its own stress and restore a sense of well-being.
- TRE® is a body based (somatic) process which, when done properly, through a Certified TRE®
- Provider can allow the individual to discharge tension from the body, which often does not require “revisiting the story”. (ie: verbally describing or talking about the traumatic experience).
- TRE® is designed to be a self-help tool that once learned, can be used as needed, throughout one’s life, thereby continuously supporting and promoting personal health and wholeness.
- TRE® can be taught as either a simple self-help, tension reduction technique in a physical exercise program OR it can be used as an effective complementary practice when integrated with other treatment modalities by those in the healing professions, including the treatment of PTSD and anxiety disorder recovery.
- TRE® can be taught in very large groups for communities that have experienced mass trauma.
- TRE® promotes cohesiveness and openness between participants and can be a helpful tool for dispute resolution. (ie: interpersonal, corporate and political communication).
- TRE® can cross culture and language barriers because it is based on natural physiological responses shared by all human beings.